Monday, March 12, 2007

New To Blogging!

Hello and welcome to my blog! For the longest time I thought I was too old for this. But I just decided it would be a good motivator for my jewelry making/metal work as well as my business in general.

A little about me...
I live in Minneapolis Minnesota with my little long haired Dachshund Lillie (nickname Stinky) and little grey farm kitty Lucy. We live and studio in the second floor of an old stucco house. It's warm, safe and a good place to work. My day job is as a Technical Analyst, but that's not very creative. Creating my jewelry has been a wonderful outlet for me.

I love to work with my hands where there is a mix of creative and technical. I prefer metal in my work as well as semi-precious or precious gemstones. Other types of materials do find their way into my pieces as they develop. My intellect plays little part in my creations, as they often just develop as I'm working. The inspiration comes from elsewhere. It's fascinating at times to me.

3 comments:

ShyViolet said...

You have GORGEOUS work! I've seen your work on Etsy several times, and I'm always inspired. Best of luck!

ShyViolet said...

I'm sorry that pendant hasn't sold yet - I hoped it would sell for you when I put it in my Treasury a few days ago. I'm always humbled by the gorgeous metalwork on Etsy.

LooseWireStudio said...

Aw... You are wonderful to have featured it, shyviolet! It will sell eventually. Thanks for your compliments! YOU are one with many talents. :-)