Sunday, March 25, 2007

Reversible Circles Pendant

This simple pendant took a couple of prototypes to make. It's reversible, with copper dominating one side and aluminum, as pictured, dominating the other. I punched out and shaped the circles, hand drilled the holes, then sawed copper wire to hammer into rivets. Takes a bit of time, but with each one I am faster.

As simple as it appears, it holds great meaning for me. It is symbolic of an internal healing circle I have been developing. The circle has three parts: Nurturing, Protective, Spiritual. You decide which part is the largest for you... I've sold several of these. Each of them holds a bit of me.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I really love this piece with the combination of different metals and the fact that you made yoiur own rivets is very cool. I wish I wore pendants.

R
ravenshold

L. Carol Christopher said...

Your work is beautiful.